Five years ago today my dad was taken from this mortal life. It was a sad day, I felt very far away and sad that I wasn't there to say goodbye. But I know he is in a much better place! Pain free and with loved ones who have gone on before. Others have since gone to join him...Miss you Dad, love you tons...love looking at all the pictures and remembering all the good times. Memories are a wonderful thing! I cannot believe it has been five years...wow. You lived an amazing life and I wish we'd have gotten your life history down while you were here to make sure it is right! Now it is up to me to get it done and I'm sure it won't be complete, or completely right! But I will do my best. We will let pictures tell most of the stories. Thanks for the memories Dad!
On another note, it is also my mother-in-law's birthday today! She is 79 and as amazing as ever. She has been a blessing in my life and I love her so much! Happy Birthday Barbara! Keep going strong!!



2 comments:
I've decided that we never get over the death of a parent. No one loves us in the way they did. I think 10 years from now you will still be missing him, maybe even more than you do now. My mother has only been gone 3 years, but I miss her more with each passing year.
Is that you with him in that picture? What a little cutie.
I too miss my dad, and wish our last days together were different !! And it truly is a comfort to know he is pain free and waiting on me...
Post a Comment