CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 30, 2010

$24.50

What can you get for $24.50? Depends on where you shop! I had the opportunity to go to Deseret Industries a couple of weeks ago. I spent about an hour picking out books...they have so many, I could spend a lot longer! This picture is missing two books that I already sent to Amanda in her birthday package. I got eighteen books! Don't look too closely at the titles, because some of you will be getting some of these for Christmas! I didn't pay more than $2 for a book, most were $1 and the least expensive was 50 cents. Now that's what I call a bargain! Love shopping at DI!

A couple of these were books I wanted, a couple were books I already had (thus they will be Christmas gifts) and a couple just sounded interesting and I wanted them! "The Child that Books Built" really caught my eye. Dave also picked out a few. We did shop around the rest of the store for a little bit, but there was just nothing else that caught my interest except books. I love them. Books fall open, you fall in. It's true for me, how about you? How do you feel about books and bargains?

4 comments:

kelly

Thanks, I've been waiting for this post. As soon as I saw the title I knew. I love D.I. I also love books.

Grandma Honey

Before I forget, I need to tell you that I LOVE your music!

I read Mere Christianity and loved it! I did a blog post on it a while back. The Memory Keepers Daughter sounds good but I know nothing about it. So does The Child that Books Built. I gave a copy of Recovering Charles to the DI not too long ago...wouldn't that be funny if you bought my copy!

DI is the way to go! And I love giving them books and things I've read and used but are ready to pass on.

Unknown

The twelve tales of Christmas should be mine!!! Merry Christmas to me !!! hehehe

Scrapally

Kelly, sorry I was so slow with the post. Jill, thanks...it's pride and prejudice music. The memory keepers daughter is about a dr. who delivers his wife's twins and the girl has down syndrome so he hands her to the nurse to put in an institution and tells his wife the baby died. It is good and you are welcome to borrow it. I will pretend one of my recovering charles books is yours. :)