CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 6, 2010

The good, the bad, and the sorta ugly...

Today was good, great, and bad...all at once! The greatest was getting our new grandson here safe and sound! All 9 lbs and 14 oz of him! Jacob Oliver Stewart was born today! He's a cutie...we think he looks a lot like his brother David (his birth pictures are below)...

Cute baby Jacob!

The bad thing was my hubby Dave who was supposed to be home from his Texas trip tonight, got delayed in Austin and won't be home until tomorrow night! I got that news about the time I was telling him Jacob was born. The airlines did put him up in a hotel for the night, but his suitcase is long gone...hopefully the two will meet up tomorrow night! I am ready for him to be home!


Here's a couple of baby David pictures from Jan. 2008...do you think Jacob looks like him?

And the sorta ugly part was Joel's sunburn...it was GOOD that he got home safely from scout camp today...but he is burnt good...and wasn't feeling too well from not eating much and doing some strenous hiking. And all that DIRT. Yeah, sorta ugly...he has some pretty ugly socks that are going straight into the garbage! He's had a shower and eaten some pizza so is feeling much better tonight. In fact, he came and helped me with the triplets so Craig and Nicole could have a date night. I couldn't have a date night, so I figured they just as well! This is Joel feeding Porter, can you see his poor sunburned legs? His neck and face look about the same! It has been a roller coaster of a day...I sure wish I was in Georgia! But we will be there Tuesday! Can't wait to love and play with David and his new brother Jacob!! Hurry home Dave so you can turn around and get on a plane again!

Thanks Joel for your help with Porter. You are all broken in and ready to help with baby Jacob next week! Porter is getting so big! Jacob is almost his size already! :)


6 comments:

Stefanie

umm yowzers on that sunburn!!!! Poor kid! But yea for another grandbaby, congrats!!! Hope you have a good time(like how could you not with a new baby around...lol!!) Have a safe trip!!

Unknown

Congratulations Granny !!! I am praying that next week crawls by for you !!! Safe return !!

Grandmotherfairy

I am so excited for you to be able to be with that precious new baby...enjoy every minute!

kelly

Poor Joel! It's pretty hard to get a sunburn on legs, that looks bad. Jacob does look like his big brother David, they are very cute.

Grandma Honey

OH congratulations! I know you can't wait to be there. Amanda better label all the pictures or they could easily get mixed up...those 2 babies could pass for the same!

Poor Joel. I know it would be hard on me knowing my son was doing all that hiking without eating well. That's torture.

Caleen

Congratulations!! Another fun little addition. Wow.. Joel really got sun burned!Enjoy your time with Amanda and her Family :)