CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Why I don't sew much...

A couple of months ago I was in Joann's (for scrapbooking and crocheting things...) and found this cute train fabric. Well, my grandson LOVES trains so I bought some without any idea of what I would make for him out of it! (Can we say impulse shopping?!) I remember my good sewing friend Teri has made scrubs and I thought some summer pj scrubs would be the perfect thing! So I borrowed her pattern. I seem to have a comprehension problem when I read sewing instructions. I only got to step TWO and had to cry to her for help! She of course blocked out some time from her VERY BUSY schedule for me and helped me get through most of the pattern! I had to pick the back neck out about 3 times...(bias binding, ICK!) the whole time saying to myself, "this is why I don't sew, this is why I don't sew." But FINALLY I finished them and I think they are cute! I will probably never make another set...but I am very grateful to Teri for her time and expertise, and believe me, I have such a respect for her and all the sewing she does!!! She is a PRO! These are a size 2T but I am sure they will drown little David. He will have to grow into them later. And now I just need to find a cute little Dr. kit to go with it! On to another project that is more up my alley!

4 comments:

kelly

You know, I used to HATE sewing. I now love it, it really takes practice and them pretty soon you realize you are not having any problems reading patters, well, maybe a few, but you can do it! I'm close too if you ever need help.

Grandma Honey

Those are DARLING. No wonder you just had to have that fabric. It's SO little boyish.

Grandmotherfairy

Those are darling Allyson...I am sure they will be a hit...at least you used a pattern....Suzanna made Dallin a pair by tracing a pattern of an old pair...which is a great idea, however, she forgot to allow for the elastic in the waist...she has some darling pictures of him wearing them...he looks like John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever....

Lady Linda

Good job!!! I know what you mean about Teri being the sewing genius.....she's rescued me a time or two also. I'll bet your grandson will feel the love you put into those adorable jammies everytime he wears them!