CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Photoshop Beginner...


Last night the amazing and wonderful Shelly taught this old dog some new tricks...THANKS SHELLY!!!!! This afternoon I did my first "photo restoration" so to speak. Here are the before and after picture that I touched up. This is my mom with her firstborn son in 1955. I scanned this picture from a slide. (I have scanned over 2000 slides! not going to touch them ALL up though). Tell me how you think I did. Shelly, what grade do I get from your class? :) You have to click on the pictures and make them BIG to actually see what I did...and believe me, when you zoom in on the original. there is a LOT of touching up to do. Lots of dirt and dust specks, and there was a scratch line across my mom's back, arm and almost into the baby blanket. I won't tell you how long it took me to clean this up!! anyway, it was very fun and I am going to love spending hours doing this!!! Thank you again Shelly!! Can anyone tell I am excited about this???!!!!!! :)

7 comments:

Grandmotherfairy

Great job...wich I could have gone and learned how to do all that stuff...it really does make a difference with the old pictures...I didn't know you could scan in slides........

kelly

A+, that looks great. I really wish I could have made it last night. Ty has been taking the PE exam the last 2 days. I have a list of some things I really want to learn in photoshop, I have elements. I'm hoping she'll do another class. I want to learn photomasks, vignettes, and textures for photos. I'm excited for you, it's a very rewarding hobby!

Unknown

You get an A+ from me too !! I love the picture too how very sweet !!!

Melissa

That baby is sooo cute! You did a great job on the picture. It is amazing what you can do on computers!

April

There is a real need (and a profitable business) for talented photo restorers. http://www.archivalphotorestoration.com/restoration-sample-family.html

John McKinney

Lady Linda

I was totally lost in that class! So glad it helped you!

Linda

Wish I could have been there. THe photos I have scanned could use the help. Keep up the good work.