CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 1, 2009

More Hearst pictures...

I wanted to post a few more pictures from our tour of Hearst Castle. I took over a hundred! I still am enjoying the memories of being there, taking one of the tours and hearing the fun stories surrounding it all. This first picture is the billiard room...with the 400+ year tapestry, still bright and colorful! Many famous people have played in this room. Behind the guide in the doorway is the piano...it now plays the chimes for the bell towers (I have no idea how that works...).
The huge fireplace in the great hall that the great hall was designed around...he bought the fireplace first! The straight backed "choir" chairs line all the walls.
The patio in front of the large front door - the lily pond that Hearst's dachsunds would swim in and the servants would have to go in and pull them out...so the servants built the little wooden ramps for the doggies to climb out! There are statues EVERYWHERE! And marble benches too.
A fireplace in one of the guest rooms. Beautiful art work and carved furniture accent every room.
One of the beautiful guest rooms in one of the guest houses.

Another guest room. I could be a guest here! All rooms with beautiful views!
We only saw one guest house but it had 4 bedrooms and 2 baths (with indoor plumbing!) There are 3 guest houses total. That's all for now...maybe when I go back and take the second tour I will have more fun pictures to post! (Don't know when I can get back there...but I definitely want to go again!!)