Dave was out of town and wouldn't have really wanted to go anyway, so I invited Jeanine to go with me to the outdoor theatre. I told her I needed a date for family night! She was more than happy to oblige. I told her the ticket was a belated birthday gift for her. What a fun evening! I picked her up and got her "jazzy" (little electric scooter) loaded into the car. We went through JCW's drive through and got hamburgers and shakes. Then we drove to the park. The gates weren't opened yet, so we worked on our milkshakes while we waited. Once they opened we went on in UPHILL. Jeanine thought her jazzy was going to tip over going up the hill...it was quite exciting there for a moment! She was panicking and I was promising her I had a hold of the back of her scooter and wouldn't let it fall over. It's a wonder if she will ever go with me anywhere again! ha! I seriously would have put my body right in the way to stop it if I had to! Anyway, after we got to the wheelchair FLAT place, we noticed a PAVED trail up to it from another gate. Why on earth didn't the lady at the gate we came in tell us there was a wheelchair accessible ramp on the other side!? Well we know for next time! We ate our hamburgers which by now were getting quite cool. But it still tasted good! Randa and her mom and Makayela met us there...Also Randa's friend Rossy. It was such a fun production! Follows the same story as the movie, but as always the stage version has different songs and different things in the storyline. Made it very fun to watch. It was quite windy and very cloudy. We kept waiting to get rained on but it didn't happen. We saw lightning which they said was 10 miles away and that they were keeping an eye on the doppler. We didn't get cold or wet so it was all good! A very fun night! We of course left via the paved ramp! Much easier! I had paid a dollar to rent a chair (the white plastic patio chairs) which they have chopped the back legs off just a little so they sit flat on the hill. Didn't work so well on the flat, paved wheelchair part...a super nice young man went and got me a regular chair! Next time I know to bring my own. But I was grateful he saw me and took care of it. There are two more shows this summer so I hope to go to them both! I'm sure Jeanine will go with me again, as long as I promise to not let her fall down the hill!
Tuesday, June 16, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comments:
I've never seen the stage version of Mary Poppins but I will be soon here at Center Stage! My mom use to take me to outdoor theaters when I was growing up and I LOVED it.
Post a Comment