CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 14, 2014

Our week...

Interesting week we have had...on Tuesday we had a crazy snow storm!  Woke up to it...everything was white and the snow was still coming down hard!  It melted by lunch time.  So strange.  I am not sure I will ever adjust to this strange weather.  The night before the snow storm, the wind blew so hard, I thought there was a tornado coming!  I sat in my room listening to it and wondering what damage was happening!  Thankfully it only knocked over our garbage cans...but boy was it a loud and blustery wind!  Dave left for Clovis on Sunday, but the day before that he had caught the snake we had spotted coming out from under the driveway. He wrangled it and threw it over the back fence into the pasture.  Well, this week we have spotted THREE more!  Two are very small and the other one is about the size of the one he wrangled.  They aren't that big, but boy oh boy do I have a phobia of snakes!  I even know they are the "harmless" variety but they still make me crazy!  They come out when the sun shines.  Got a fun text with pictures from the couple that Elder McKinney is living in their basement.  His outgoing companion (Elder Niupalau) who is going home and his new companion (Elder Knowlton)!  We don't have to wait until next week to find out!  It was great!  David (without any suggestion from anyone) sat down and read a book to Jacob!  It was so sweet!  Jacob was looking at the book and David sat right down with him and read it.  Kodak moment to be sure!  And last but not least, our chicks are getting so BIG.  They are outgrowing their box.  Dave needs to get home soon and get started on that coop!  I have been reading the Elm Creek Quilt novels and really enjoying them.  Have read 3 this week! I have always wanted to learn to quilt, but now I want to even more after reading these novels.  It helps that Dave is out of town and I can stay up late reading.  But I will be happy to get him back tomorrow night!







2 comments:

Grandmotherfairy

Sounds like you are keeping busy…I miss the unpredictable weather that you are "enjoying"…we could sure use some rain!!! Love keeping up with you via Facebook and your blog…love you!

Grandma Honey

I hear you about the snakes! But when I was a little girl we found one in our kitchen once and I think that was about the most exciting thing that could happen at the time!