CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Dave's first pack meeting...Pinewood Derby!

Dave was put in as the Cubmaster a couple of months ago.  It turns out he was out of town for the first pack meeting and then they didn't have one in December.  Well, January was Pinewood Derby!  He held a few meetings with the Cub leaders (3 were already in, two are new) and they got it all planned out.  Since I don't have a very big calling, I offered to make the refreshments.  They haven't had refreshments and decorations in the past, but Dave said that "we are going to raise the bar a little bit."  Of course, I am the "assistant" cubmaster to help pull it off.  I really don't mind.  It was fun!  Thankfully the three leaders that were already in the program knew the ropes and helped us from beginning to end!  We are most grateful!  There are only 8 boys in our program and 7 of them came.  There were siblings who got to participate also.  Someone was very sweet and let David and Jacob race one of their old cars.  It turned out to be a very fun evening!  They also loved doing the "cheers" for the different awards.  Their favorite was the wolf howl.  Next month is the Blue and Gold Banquet...Cubmaster Dave gets to jump in with both feet from the get-go!  He has never done scouting as a leader, and not much as a young 'un, so this will be new and challenging for him.  We have GOT to get him his own scout shirt though...that borrowed one is AWFUL. And he definitely needs to get a microphone...his voice just does not carry in a cultural hall!  Lots of pictures below...Start your engines!





 



 









3 comments:

Grandma Honey

Wow, you went all out! Love that little picture taking station you made. Who would have thought! Only you. And those cupcakes…very creative! I'm going to pin those!

Chrissy Bentti

Love the cupcakes! I was wondering why you were pinning scouting stuff :-) We only have one cub scout in our ward, so he joins another ward's program.

Chrissy Bentti
This comment has been removed by the author.