I know I have put these pics on Joel's blog, but that is to print into a book for him, and this blog is to print as a journal for me...so there will be duplicate pictures here...please bear with me! He finally sent us a couple of pictures from the MTC last week, (Monday) and then left for the field on Tuesday. We are anxiously awaiting his letter tomorrow, hopefully with lots of detail of his new companion, his area, his mission president...high expectations I know...in the meantime, we received a very nice email from his mission president yesterday and it included pictures! He expressed appreciation for Elder McKinney who is ready, willing and worthy to serve the Lord. He also said he was "well and in high spirits" and that made this momma's heart especially happy! We had a mission farewell at church today and it really had me thinking a lot about Joel. What area is he in? What ward is he in? Has he met the ward mission leader? I know he is ready to work and probably already has been...but I will be watching all day for his email tomorrow! He had a wonderful MTC experience and I know his experience in the field will be even more rewarding and challenging. We love and miss our Joel! In the MTC picture, he is standing next to his companion, Elder Banen from Oregon...the last picture is of him with President and Sister Chambers.
Sunday, September 29, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
I wonder where in Oregon his MTC companion is from.
Post a Comment