CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Brown Family Reunion...

For the first time in many years I was able to attend the Alburn and Ellen Brown family reunion!  I live here now and was so excited to go!  They have downsized the reunions from the good old days to a lunch at a restaurant, but I don't mind.  I was just so happy to see my aunts and uncles that could attend!  There are 10 children in the Brown Family, 7 are living.  5 were in attendance on July 13th in Orem, Utah...my neighborhood!  Uncle Valoy and Uncle Vanor are both in wheelchairs.  Uncle Valoy had some back surgery last year and has been in absolute pain for the longest time.  He was in a rehab hospital for a long time and thought he might never go home.  He literally was ready to die he was so miserable!  He is doing remarkably better than a year ago!  He gave a touching tribute to Grandpa Brown and his service as a bugler in the marines.  I sent him Grandpa Brown's uniform last year (it was in my mom's things) to go with the bugle that he already had.  He wanted everyone to come up and see it afterwards.  It was very emotional for him.  Aunt Elaine is handing him a hanky.  All the Brown boys served in the military. 


 These are the 3 remaining sons out of 4.  Uncle Cleon is the oldest, he is 87.  I cannot believe how much he looks like my Grandpa Brown!  And when I talked to him, it was like talking to my Grandpa.  I loved that!  Uncle Vanor is in a wheelchair due to a stroke he had a few years ago.  He is looking good though and I enjoyed visiting with him for a bit.

 The 5 Browns that were there...Lew, Cleon, Beverly, Valoy and Vanor.  We missed Adona and Evelyn who are both not well enough to travel.  They both have the same dementia my mom had and Aunt Evelyn is getting really bad from what I hear.  So sad...our next reunion will possibly be a funeral.
 
 And here they are with their spouses...so nice to see each of them.


 Cleon's daughter Chrissy arranged for the banquet room at Sizzler as it was Cleon's turn to "host" the reunion.  This is her family with him...


 


 Only a few cousins were in attendance...I wish there could have been more.  We just never get to catch up!  But I did enjoy the ones that were there.  It was a surprise that my cousin Janeen Matheny was there!  Fun to see her!  She is Aunt Lew's daughter.
 And my two favorite aunties...Lew and Bev...they are so much fun...I love being with them any chance I get...and now that I live closer, I plan to get with them more often!  They live about 3 hours away from me.  They are my mom's sisters and they help fill the void in her absence.  She loved them very much!


 




I was so happy to be there for a few hours with these very special people!  They think that this is probably one of the last reunions they will hold.  I am so sad about that, especially since I live up here now and can finally attend!  But I will take what I can get and am so grateful to belong to the Brown family!

0 comments: