CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 15, 2013

Happy Birthday Auntie Bev!

My Auntie does not have a computer, and I know she will never see this, but it's for ME.  My journal of sorts...Auntie Bev is on the left, today is her birthday.  My grandma called Bev her "day-late Valentine."  I learned this as I worked on Auntie's life history last year.  Next to her in the picture is my Auntie Lew.  We are hoping she will start writing her history now that she has seen Bev's.   I already really love my aunties, but working on Bev's history drew me even closer to her.  I learned so much about her and I had to keep calling her with questions and we just had so much fun chatting.  She is my  mom's sister and it was like having a piece of my mom again.  I truly loved all the phone calls and letters we shared.  We also share a love of books...so that is in our conversations a lot.  In this picture I am signing some books I had given her...she insisted that I sign them when I came through her town in the summer of 2011 (when we started her history project).  I love you Auntie Bev...I hope you have a happy birthday (she is now 75 - I know this from her history as well!) and I can't wait until this afternoon when I can call you and we can chat again.  Thank you for letting me type up your history and add tons of pictures and make it a real book.  You are now an "author."  It was a fun project and I loved every minute of it!  Auntie Lew, start writing...

1 comments:

Grandma Honey

I wonder why I never thought of finding out more about my Aunts before they all died. I asked them for info on my Grandma who died long before I was born, but I should have been quizzing them about themselves!