Friday, October 21, 2011...my beautiul and wonderful mother-in-law turned 80! Dave and I both took the day off, and we let Joel play hooky from school and we drove up to Folsom to help her celebrate! I had seen this balloon wreath on a blog, and since Barbara and Terry ran a balloon business for so many years, I thought it would be fun to make her one! She really liked it.
Barbara's sister Ramona was there...she is 93 and spunky as ever! I had an enjoyable time visiting with her. She lives in an assisted living home close by Barbara so they see each other several times each week.
All of the family that live close by were there to help with the meal and to help celebrate too! We had a fun time catching up with Dave's brothers John and Mark and their families that could be there.
Terry bought a lovely cake...white cake with lemon filling and whipped cream topping...I hear Barbara got to pick it out. :)
All the great-grand children were excited to sing "Happy Birthday" and get a piece of cake! This is Judy with some of her cute grandkids...
Ramona sang with gusto and Barbara seemed to enjoy the attention...mostly she just enjoyed having so much family around!
More on-lookers...John, April and some of their cute grandkids...Joel is the cameraman in the back...
Aaron was out of town, but Stephanie and the kids came, it was fun to see all those cuties!
Dave's sister Gail flew in from Arizona, it was fun catching up with her too.
Dave's brother Mark, me, Dave and Terry enjoying our yummy meal!
It was a lovely evening to sit on the "veranda" and have a nice meal...
We are all so grateful to have Barbara in our lives. She is a jewel! Those mean "mother-in-law" stories and jokes have never applied to me because we have always had a wonderful relationship and I love and admire her as much as my own mother! We all wrote little letters or fun memories we had of her and John and April had them bound into a little book for her. She loves it! And for those that didn't get theirs turned in on time, it's not too late, get them written! Happy Birthday Barbara!
The next morning we went to my favorite store...DI! More about that coming...


3 comments:
This was well worth Joel missing school for! I love how you talk about your MIL. I'm certain she feels the same about you.
Wow, looks like a fun party! Wish we could have been there! And that wreath is cute!
what a wonderful time. cute wreath too! So worth to spend time with Family!
Post a Comment