We just returned from a trip up to Elk Grove/Sacramento. We had a wonderful mini-reunion/60th birthday bash which I will blog about later. Knowing the party wasn't going to start until noontime, I asked Dave to drive me to the Sacramento DI so I could shop. He obliged and I had so much fun! Wish I'd have had more time to look at EVERYTHING. But I started with the books...bought 11 book! The most expensive one was $3, the cheapest was 50 cents! I also wanted a denim skirt, found one! $4. Then I got some ties for my boys, $3 each, some old fashioned canning jars, 25 cents and a wooden YW with all the values in balloons (she was a buck...worth it as a pattern anyway!) Needless to say I was THRILLED. I sure wish we could have a DI close by. It's like a huge yard sale all in one place! And NEATLY organized, reasonably priced, normal shopping hours (don't have to get up at the crack of dawn and drive all over kindgom come) just a whole lotta fun!! I got all of the above for $30. Maybe someday we will get a DI here, (I can dream!) but in the meantime, I think I will need to find a few more excuses to travel to Sacramento! Thanks honey for taking me there. (He picked out some of the books too!)
Saturday, May 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I sure wish we had one too, it's the best thrift store by far.
I can't even find the DI truck when I want it............
Wow, sounds like you made out like a bandit! DI would be my kind of thrift shopping, where everything is nice and neat. I don't like rummaging through tables of stuff. I'm an impatient shopper! If you start a petition for a local DI, I'll sign it. Go Allyson!
Post a Comment